Volvo S60: Checking the engine oil
The oil level should be checked at regular intervals, particularly during the period up to the first scheduled maintenance service.
- See page 339 for oil specifications.
- Refer to the Warranty and Service Records Information booklet for information on the oil change intervals.
- Not checking the oil level regularly can result in serious engine damage if the oil level becomes too low.
- Oil that is lower than the specified quality can damage the engine.
- Volvo does not recommend the use of oil additives.
- Always add oil of the same type and viscosity as already used.
- Never fill oil above the MAX mark. This could cause an increase in oil consumption.
- Oil changes should be carried out by a trained and qualified Volvo service technician.