Volvo S60: Owner maintenance
Periodic maintenance requirements and intervals are described in your vehicle's Warranty and Service Records Information booklet.
The following points can be carried out between the normally scheduled maintenance services.
Each time the car is refueled:
• Check the engine oil level. • Clean the windshield, windshield wipers, headlights, and taillights.
- Check cold tire pressure in all tires. Inspect the tires for wear.
- Check that engine coolant and other fluid levels are between the indicated "min" and "max" markings.
- Clean interior glass surfaces with a glass cleaner and soft paper towels.
- Wipe driver information displays with a soft cloth.
- Visually inspect battery terminals for corrosion. Corrosion may indicate a loose terminal connector, or a battery near the end of its useful service life. Consult your Volvo retailer for additional information.
Wash the car, including the undercarriage, to reduce wear that can be caused by a buildup of dirt, and corrosion that can be caused by salt residues.
Clean leaves and twigs from air intake vents at the base of the windshield, and from other places where they may collect.
Complete service information for qualified technicians is available online for purchase or subscription at www.volvotechinfo.com.
Hoisting the vehicleIf a garage jack is used to lift the vehicle, the two jack attachments points should be used. They are specially reinforced to bear the weight of the vehicle. A garage jack can also be placed u ...
The vehicle maximum load on the tire must not exceed the load carrying capacity of the tire on your vehicle.