Volvo S60: Roof loads
Using load carriers
Load carriers are available as Volvo accessories. Observe the following points when in use:
- To avoid damaging your vehicle and to achieve maximum safety when driving, we recommend using the load carriers that Volvo has developed especially for your vehicle.
- Volvo-approved removable roof racks are designed to carry the maximum allowable roof load for this vehicle: 220 lbs (100 kg). For non-Volvo roof racks, check the manufacturer's weight limits for the rack.
- Never exceed the rack manufacturer's weigh limits and never exceed the maximum rated roof load of 220 lbs (100 kg).
- Avoid single-point loads. Distribute loads evenly.
- Place heavier cargo at the bottom of the load.
- Secure the cargo correctly with appropriate tie-down equipment.
- Check periodically that the load carriers and load are properly secured.
- Remember that the vehicle's center of gravity and handling change when you carry a load on the roof.
- The vehicle's wind resistance and fuel consumption will increase with the size of the load.
- Drive smoothly. Avoid rapid starts, fast cornering and hard braking.